Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was driving along yesterday and something popped. I now…

Customer Question
I was driving along...

I was driving along yesterday and something popped. I now have no washer /wiper power, or turn signals.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It just happened. I thought it was just a fuse but I have checked all of them.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2010 Dodge Journey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have tried all fuses, Disconnected the Negative Battery cable and reconnected .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all I can think of for now. Thank You.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Amedee, Dodge Technician replied 8 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

May I start by getting your engine size please?

Thank you!

Good Morning
As you have read. I have no washer/wipers front or back and no turn signals.
2.4
I will be leaving work in 20 minutes so will have to sign out at that time.

Thank you.

Let me do some digging and post back shortly.

I will be going home to bed for the day. I will have to call you later when I get home. I do not have internet service at home.Thank you for your help so far. I do have my order # written down for when I call.
Have a Great DayCustomer:)

You are welcome!

Talk soon!

Hello and sorry for the delay!

I suspect these issues are related to one of two things. The left multifunction switch (as the right switch is hard wires to the left switch on the column) or the integrated power distribution module located under the hood that contains all of the fuses (provided all of the fuses are good).

However, I would first try a hard reset on the vehicle which is disconnecting the battery cables from the battery and rubbing them together for 5 minutes. This will discharge all of the capacitors on board the vehicle and may allow things to start working again. If not, the integrated power module or switch on the column may need to be replaced.

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Do you have any further questions sir?

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>