Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Alarm is going off and it won't stop. 99 2500. Tried

Customer Question
Alarm is going off...

Alarm is going off and it won't stop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yup

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

99 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried starting it but it only runs for a few seconds.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tried the fob. Tried the door.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are a handful of things that could be going on. You may just have multiple lock cylinder switch issues, it may be a wiring problem, you may have an internal central timer module failure.

Do you have a functional key fob? If so, have you pressed the unlock button?