Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The defrost light and abs light come on together and then…

Customer Question
The defrost light and...

The defrost light and abs light come on together and then the cruise control stops working

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

Yes I can and no I have not

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2016 dodge journey

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing should I check the fues? and where are they

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/12/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This won't be a fuse issue here as if it was the issue would occur at all times.

When the abs computer detects a fault it turns on the abs light as well as disables cruise control.This can be due to a fault with voltage loss affecting the abs and defrost functions in some cases due to a loose wiring connection issue or a control unit/ECU fault.There are several other components that can cause this issue as well so what has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug into your vehicles data port and can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done there will be at least one fault code set in the anti-lock brake computer that will then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.

This has to be done as there are several causes that can create this issue here.A shop or dealer can read out as well as diagnose and repair the codes for a fee.A local parts store can usually read out the fault codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete