Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 24valve 1998.5 cummins. Id like to put a holset…

I have a 24valve...

I have a 24valve 1998.5 cummins. Id like to put a holset hy35 turbo instead of the Chinese turbo that was on it when I bought it. But when I went to install the turbo, it bumps into the water line the runs along side the block with the brace that holds on the waste gate

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?

294000 miles but replaced motor and tranny

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

How can I tell

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to install an hy35 that Im told is the correct turbo because it came off a 2001 and also fit a 1992. the only thing I can guess is that the exhaust manifold is incorrect angle, or distance away from the block

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the danger or concern with removing the silencer ring on the turbo, as far as potential damage

12/12/2017
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now.....

did you get to install the hy35?? do you have a picture i can see the water lines and which silencer ring are you reffering too??

IMG_2953.JPG
I don't know if you can see this pic or not

i cannot view attachment. make sure you put it where the paperclip symbol is

I'm on an iPhone I don't see a paperclip

i got the image. have you tried turning the turbine or compressor housing to see if it clears. also you can try to bend but NOT BREAK the water lines so i can clear

you can also turn the middle of the turbo when loosening the housings

Your talking about loosening the compression ring and rotating? Or unbolting the 3-4 bolts and clockwise rotation or vise versa?So I have an after market hx35. Is there a kit I need to buy to install it? If so any suggestions.

first try the compression ring and rotate the compressor and turbine housings to see if it clears. havent heard about any install kits sorry

Ok I'll take a peek. That will change the adjustment on my waste gate tho won't it?

no because you are just moving the housing.

Ok. Am I able to reach you this way later when I'm putting it in. If I run into a problem? Or do I have to pay again?Also would removing the silencer ring on the turbo hurt anything to run it with it removed?

no paying again. just please rate me on my services. and ask away thank you

I didn't know if this conversation expires or not. CoolWhat do you think on the silencer ring?

i can only close it if you accept my answer and rate me.

Which silencer ring are you talking about? the v-band clamp on the exhaust??

The intake ring. Just sounds pretty cool. Or are there rings that sound good that you can install
You can install a ring it sounds cool

hi just checking up on you. please rate me on my services thanks and happy holidays. any questions feel free to ask

Sorry bud, I haven't forgot about you. I just haven't had a chance till probably this weekend to take a closer look. You had mentioned before that you don't close it until it's rated. I just wanted to be sure to be able to hit you up with a question that I may run into you on working on it

no problem. just send me a message whenever you are ready i appreciate it.

Not sure if you sent this or the site did. But I'm going to work on the truck this weekend. I will rate you for sure

i might have wrote it in the wrong mesage board sorry lol

the way i would do it is loosening everything and placing turbo on manifold and adjist accordingly

Cesar Jimenez