Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Had started a question on my 2003 diesels 3500 and my

Customer Question
Had started a question...

Had started a question on my 2003 diesels 3500 and my computer died. Starts runs but when you go to pull it hard it Boggs out toa point it kind of back fires

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Original engine. Serviced every 5000 miles. Has 215 000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, I have actually answered that question for you. Go back to your original question and you will see my answer.

Chris

If the check engine light is NOT coming on, then the problem is a fuel delivery issue. Not enough fuel volume and pressure reaching the injection pump. Most common cause of this is a dirty fuel filter. So if it has been a while since it was replaced then start there and have the filter replaced. If it still acts up then have the lift pump in the tank checked for adequate volume and pressure. Be sure the air filter is not clogged also. Most likely a fuel delivery problem though.

Chris