Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 is making a humming noise underneath…

Customer Question
My 2011 Dodge Ram...

My 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 is making a humming noise underneath the truck while it is turned off and not moving

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just curious about getting it diagnosed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The sound stops when I disconnect the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Battery is in proper working condition

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

I've seen the throttle body whine some before it shuts down after shutting off the engine. There is an electric motor in there that shuts down after you turn the key off. After you pull the key out pop the hood and just disconnect the throttle body connector and see if that makes the whining stop. Let us know what you find there. thank you.