Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

04 ram2500 diesel, feels like surges on road at 50-70 mph.

Customer Question
04 ram2500 diesel, feels...

04 ram2500 diesel, feels like surges on road at 50-70 mph

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

Bought truck new in 05, has 249000 miles, serviced regularly, and runs great otherwise

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Dodge?

St2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed fuel filter, air filter,all of the terminals I can get to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Cant think of nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/11/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that you could be experiencing. The problem may be engine related or the torque converter clutch may be disengaging while driving at a steady speed causing RPM's to jump up slightly.

Have you checked for fault codes?

Can you describe exactly what you are experiencing?