Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 Dakota 3.9 engine new engine won't start, replaced ASD,

Customer Question
2001 Dakota 3.9 engine...

2001 Dakota 3.9 engine new engine won't start, replaced ASD, cam sensor, crank sensor, voltage at crank sensor 3.89, no voltage to coil when cranking

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

Will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am doing the work my self the first statement said what I have done

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/9/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 4 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

Have you checked for voltage at the injectors while cranking?
Have you checked for power at the ASD Relay cavity 30 or 87?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

no current at coil where is the ASD Relay
where is the ASD Relay
Don't send to my phone , send to my email

The ASD relay is located in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) . Refer to label on PDC cover for relay location.

--->> Click Here to view <<---

You stated above that you already replaced the ASD???

Sorry, I can only communicate with you via the JustAnswer web site...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master