Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It froze last night, we didn't plug it in but it won't turn…

Customer Question
It froze last night...

It froze last night, we didn't plug it in but it won't turn over. The touchscreen and dial board are lighting up when fob is inserted.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

We tried both fob's but how do I check the battery in it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2015 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We take it to the dealership for everything. We haven't tried anything yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It says service 4WD now on the dash. Does that matter?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/8/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things hat could cause a no start condition and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. The problem coudl be with power distribution, the engine controller itself, the wireless ignition node, it may simply be low battery voltage.

Do you have a digital voltmeter?