Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1998 Durango 5.2. I performed trans service, replaced temp…

Customer Question
1998 Durango 5.2...

1998 Durango 5.2 . I performed trans service, replaced temp sensor, pressure sensor, and trans control solenoid, new fluid and filter. I do not have reverse. have forward gears but no reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

New, hard to snap together but the connectors were together. ready to drain and look again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replacing sensors and solenoid and fluid. never had reverse issues but only had truckl for less than 1yr.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Got a sledge hammer?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/8/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Loss of reverse gear will be due to internal transmission failure - broken sun shell or gear, broken reverse band, worn reverse clutches, servo piston failure, or a ruptured seal.

The transmission is going to have to come out and be torn down and inspected and then rebuilt, either partial or full rebuild depending upon what is found when inspected.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager