Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My abs light, anti-skid light, and brake light all stay on.

Customer Question
My abs light, anti-skid...

My abs light, anti-skid light, and brake light all stay on. What can cause them all to come on and stay on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Braked system warning light also. this is on a 2008 Dodge Durango

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Probably not. I have heard it could be a sensor or a abs pump or both. I am concerned with the cost of repairs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Are you still there, Mike?

Yes I am and sorry for the delay here.

Simple question to begin with, have you checked the brake fluid level?
It can cause all of these lights to kick on and it's a really simple thing

Let me know.

I had the fluid level and brakes checked by a mechanic when the lights came on. He said it was an electronic problem and they could not fix it.

Ok

Did he mention any codes that might help us out here?

Because there are so many parts that can fail, we really have to start with the codes to get an idea of what you are up against.

No he did not. If it were the pump and/or sensor for the ABS, what would be a reasonable cost to fix it and what would be the repercussions of NOT fixing it?

Let me start with the repercussions of not fixing it.

The truck won't do an abs stop. This means in a panic situation the abs won't kick on. Now, most of us drive most of our lives without using the abs. This will not in any way affect the mechanical brakes at any time.

Now, give me a couple minutes to look up some parts info to give you some ball park estimates

ABS control module is roughly $500 plus an hour labor for the install.

The accumulator runs about $677 plus 2 hours labor for the install.

Rear wheel speed sensor about $25 plus .5 hours labor

If you have the 4 wheel abs system, the front sensors run about $170 and .5 hours labor.

So, you can see, it's kind of all over the place without the codes. But again, it won't affect the trucks braking, so it's not unsafe to drive.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Do you need any more help with this? If not, please remember to rate my answer.

Thank you.