Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I can’t find the anti theft code it’s askingg for after my…

Customer Question
I can’t find the...

I can’t find the anti theft code it’s askingg for after my battery died

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 Dodge Charger sxt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m a female that knows nothing about cars i haven’t tried anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 7 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Robert,

I'm sorry to say that we are no longer allowed to provide radio unlock codes online. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you will need to go to your local dealership to provide proof of ownership of the radio. There should not be a charge for the unlock code once you provide the ownership information needed to verify nothing is stolen..

The best thing is to go down to your local dealer, visit the parts department. Take proof of ownership of the vehicle and give this along with the Radio Serial Number and VIN number and have the parts counter person have the parts manager obtain the code for you. If you retrieve the code via the parts department, there should be no charges to obtain the radio anti-theft code..

Sorry about the bad news but just wanted to let you know the above info so that you are not sitting here waiting for the radio code that no one here can supply...

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer

Robert