Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I locked my keys in it while its running. Around 36000 never…

Customer Question
I locked my keys...

I locked my keys in it while its running

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

Around 36000 never happen before

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2015 Ram 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havent tried anything just started it up and closed the door and it locked

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its runnung

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/6/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

You have a few options here, You have to get in it to shut it off, because you cant shut it off by any means getting up under it.

1st is call dodge roadside assistance at 1-800-363-4869 they will send somebody out to pick the lock likely.

2cd, if there is a spare key call somebody to bring it to you.

3rd, call a mobile locksmith in your area, they will come out and pick the lock, or use the wedge technique at the top of the door to pry it out and get it open.

If you can get up under it near the fuel tank, I would possibly try to disconnect the fuel pump wiring connector near the tank. but if you can't get to the connector without dropping the tank, then it won't work. Still that won't solve you getting into it but at least it will quit running.

I don't believe there are anything else that I haven't thought of, I personally would call dodge roadside assistance now and get them coming unless you have a spare key closer. If it has less than 36K on it, it's still under bumper to bumper warranty so they shouldn't charge you.