Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My brake Pedal feels kinda soft, All brakes, rotars and

Customer Question
My brake Pedal feels...

My brake Pedal feels kinda soft, All brakes, rotars and calipers have been replaced and the master cylinder and the lines have been bled 8-9 times to no avail. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried "bleeding the brakes" to get any air out of the line?

Yes we have many times

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2009 Dodge Journey, not sure the model though

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have had a few mechanics and prior to that it had gone back to the dealship and absolutely nothing changed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

A scan was also done on the brakes and everything checked out only thing missing was the flow charts for each of the lines

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/4/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Did this come on after a repair or did it come on over night or did it slowly get to this point?

it has been like this for awhile and just seems to slowly get worse

Verify your pads are correctly seating in the caliper and bracket and not binding or getting pushed away from the rotor when not braking. An air gap that is to large between the rotor, pad, and caliper can cause this. If that is fine then the only thing left in this system it could be would be the ABS. Use a scan tool to bleed the ABS the bleed again at the wheels with the brake pedal pressed pressure method. Let ms know those results.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

All that was done aswell. Any other suggestions?
Dodge Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, did they replace the rubber hoses in the system?

My apologies I thought the previous expert had opted out.

Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

check that the bleeders on the calipers are above the brake line connection

do you still need help?

I am ok thank you. Still have the problem as all the possible solutions were tested and tried a few times over and still the brakes are soft. Appreciate your help though, figured it was worth a shot to try you folks. Thanks again but have to save my pennies again and take it to a garage as this is way above my head

ok. good luck.

Dodge Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

make sure you are using the correct order when bleeding, it goes left rear, right front, right rear and then left front.

There is also a special IPB CALIPER BRAKE BLEEDING PROCEDURE, if a rear brake caliper has been removed and installed, or replaced.

Were those done correctly?

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician