Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

05 dodge ram 1500 5.7l eng wont start.I got it to start

Customer Question
05 dodge ram 1500...

05 dodge ram 1500 5.7l eng wont start.I got it to start today after removing the throttle body and giving it a thorough cleaning. Started right up after this. Tonight I went out and it won't start again. Second time in two weeks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Have some corrosion on the positive. Gave a good cleaning today when it started. Ground was dirty. Also cleaned.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've been watching youtube videos and decided to start with the IAC valve but could not find it. I ended cleaning the throttle body.It was pretty dirty. I believe the gaps that exist when throttle plate is closed were closed pretty well due to carbon buildup. Thought I had it fixed when it started after this cleaning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My fuel pump is less than 1 year old. I can hear the pump kick on when I turn the key.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/2/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will it start at partial or full throttle?

Will it start with starting fluid sprayed into the throttle body while open?

Did not try starting fluid

Can you try these things and report back?

Will do tomorrow

Super

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris