Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I ve got trouble with my Dodge durango 2011, 3,6V. Code is…

Customer Question
I ve got trouble...

I ve got trouble with my Dodge durango 2011, 3,6V

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Code is P0302

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Cylinder 2 misfaire detected

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And I need to know where is cylinder number 2

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
what part we have to change
12/2/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

#2 cylinder is the front driver side.

Passenger side Driver side

5 6

3 4

1 2

Front of engine

As to what part to change, it is not anywhere near that simple.

Possible causes include

fouled spark plug

oil fouled ign coil boot

failed ign coil

faulty fuel injector

burnt exhaust valve

broken rocker arm

dropped valve

intake leak at that cylinder

no signal from computer to either the coil or the fuel injector

base timing off

weak compression

Testing needs to be done to determine the cause unless you plan to just replace the most commonly failed parts until repaired.

If you plan to do the needed testing, you will need noid light, voltmeter, fuel pressure gage tester, engine cylinder compression tester and a good working knowledge of using each and reading wiring diagrams.

If you just want to know the most common causes, let me know

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

I have one more question. Since last week when I start my car I cant add speed (D) I cant open windows... I have to turn off engine amd try that again. Sometimes three time till Its working like normal. You where is the problem?

HI,

Ok, give me a moment to check the schematics. It sounds like a faulty TIPM, which is the engine compartment fuse box that also has a control module/computer in it.

HI,

Checking the schematics, that is going to be the TIPM

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager