Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P0113 engine code. I just installed cold air intake system.

Customer Question
P0113 engine code. I...

P0113 engine code. I just installed cold air intake system

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

No leaks coolant good. P0113 tells me the IAT Sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2014 ram 1500 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am workimg on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just now installed DNA Cold air intake box/filter and intake tube

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/1/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

When you installed the cold air intake did you make sure the IAT is plugged in?

tried to be careful with it.
The end of sensor does lay to one side

The code P0113 indicates the circuit is open. Take a look at the pins in the sensor to be sure you did not bend them during the install.

On the plug correct?

Yes on the plug and check your crimps on the sensor. I suspect you have a connection issue here. If the problem did not occur till you installed the cold air intake nothing else makes sense.

It’s very tight in the grime that that came with the kit.
Pins on plug good
Gromet

Okay then make sure the intake air hose is on properly and sealing and if it checks okay then your going to need to run the pinpoint on the IAT circuit. I would start with ohm checking the wires from the connector to the PCM (computer). Are you able to do some testing If I provide the steps?