Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I bought a used radio original for my challenger but have no…

Customer Question
I bought a used radio...
I bought a used radio original for my challenger but have no vin. Can I option a pin with just the radio serial numbers?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

So is it the radio code you need for it to work?

I have the radio serial number I need the code for it

Ok before you hit me we cannot supply you with that info directly as manufacturers have stopped giving us tech's that info due to security reasons , but I can give you the procedure for doing so. You have to bring all this info in person to the closest dealer with proof of ownership. This includes make year model and vin number, along with the radios serial number. Being that this is out of another vehicle you must have that Donner vehicle's info as well or that radio is useless to code it. The other thing I can do is give you this link that may help, but again without the Donner car info your screwed. Hope you understand and it sucks for us as well.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician