Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Uconnect says unavailable. Did the 07 nitro not co.e with…

Customer Question
Uconnect says unavailable. Did...

Uconnect says unavailable. Did the 07 nitro not co.e with it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I have done a hard reset on the system because the lights keep coming on and draining my battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Headlights

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just the uconnect and the headlights. Thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Starting in 2007 a generic radio was used that had the Uconnect button whether the vehicle was built with Uconnect or not. Uconnect was an option and it had to be ordered with the system to have it. If you see the Uconnect unavailable message when pressing the button it is because it wasn't ordered with Uconnect.

Electrical testing would be required when the headlamps are on by themselves but the most likely cause would be a bad multifunction switch.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.