Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I stop 2 time at toll and after starting to go the truck…

Customer Question
I stop 2 time...

I stop 2 time at toll and after starting to go the truck acted like loosing power and missing and then smoke came out of the exhaust for 10 second. then every thing was normal. I did see the MIL light come on for a 1/4 second and then go off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Not a problem. You can work with the Dodge Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model of your '10 Dodge?

2009 dodge 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, was taking it to a mechanic on monday but i want to have an idea of what is going on so i do not get taken.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Oil was low when i stop to get gas

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The low power and smoke after a restart can indicate an issue with a fuel injector leaking down into a cylinder when warm and shut off for a short period.This can cause the smoke and power issue you see here.

What will need to be done since the check engine light came on with this fault here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.The mechanic will usually charge about an hours labor to read out the codes and diagnose the fault here.

I suspect a faulty injector needing replaced to resolve this fault.But the codes do need checked to help pinpoint the cause.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

well I am from Lexington,VA and came to Chicago, IL for a short visit. will I be in trouble if i drive back home to get it fixed.

It is a good idea to have it inspected to locate the fault before driving a long distance if you can as it may become worse to the point of running poorly at all times.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician