Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Why aren't my windshield wipers working?

Customer Question
Why aren't my windshield wipers...
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year,make and model of your vehicle as well as what has been done to try and locate or repair this issue?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

97 Nissan Sentra GXE 1.6
Nothin has been attempted yet
Nothing*

Do you hear any noises when trying to operate them on any speeds at all?

It sounds like they want to work but are off track or something

O.k., your vehicle has a recall to install a water diversion seal to prevent water from contacting the linkage where the wiper gear/transmission connects to the wiper motor.Without this recall being done the linkage connection can corrode and break and causes this issue here.I would check with a dealer to see if this recall was done or if it can be done.The recall number is *****:
NTB98-069.

They will check to see if it applies and to repair anything damaged.In some cases if the recall was already done and/or if this is a fault unrelated to the recall the repair costs would have to be covered by you.I suspect the linkage is broken that connects to the wiper motor needing replaced.

The dealer can tell you over the phone by your vehicles VIN number if the recall still needs to be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Can you help me find the linkage?

Unfortunately, my info isn't showing a picture of the location of the linkage.It is attached to the wiper motor assembly.The wiper motor assembly is located under the hood on the passenger side as shown below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq6tlmt4yxwhiv3/wm-11-28.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

I need a picture of the linkage location. Is this possible?