Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How do I choose the correct upper ball joint for my 08 dodge…

Customer Question
How do I choose...

How do I choose the correct upper ball joint for my 08 dodge ram 2500 4wd pick up

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Ram. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. When you say 'choose the correct ball joint', are you looking for the part number, or are you looking for a recommended brand?

Part number or brand. The ones I have purchased just fall into place. No pressing needed

I understand. Just a moment, please.

Here is the information that you are looking for. I am attaching the part and labor information for the ball joints. The part numbers are OE. The part pricing is from the manufacture and the parts can be found to be less expensive. Also, the labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop. I have also included the information for the control arm and replacing it, because replacing the complete control arm is usually the best route since in addition to having new control arm bushings, it will contain the ball joint.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Thank you

You are very welcome. I am always happy to help. Also, please do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Just as a reminder, please, do not forget to rate the service. Have a great day.