Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to find out why the right side of the tucks park

Customer Question
Trying to find out...

Trying to find out why the right side of the tucks park lights work but not the left side nor the lic plate lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

Yes and no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1500 '12

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes,I started trying to hook up a headache rack of led lights to wiring harness at back of truck just in front of the 7-way plug. I'm afraid I crossed over wires when I was doing a cut and so I immediately went to the fuse box and checked ALL fuses small and large. All fuses are Not blown but I do not have park lights on left side now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this issue.

Do you have access to a multimeter that we can use to perform a few voltage tests if needed? I am going to get the schematics for this and trace down where the common point that these circuits have in common is, it should not be too hard to get figured out

Well, it was not evening, I had already gone to bed, it was 11:13 pm. But yes I have a multimeter, but it is 4:38am and I just got up to pee so I won't be able to check anything until after lunch in 7-8 hrs. It's the Lord's day and we will worship Him this morning. Can you give me some things to do before that time in case I can't get to you. ( like, if you do this, then you should have this result, if not, then let's try this.......& so on) that would be helpful. Thank you, ***** ***** it took over 4 hours to get you to respond.

Hello, have you had any luck with this yet? I opted out in hope that another expert would be online to assist, we were at church and spent the afternoon with the family, but I can help out now if still needed :)

No, I'm opting out because I also was at services, & with family, but I'm trying to get my money back cause no one else responded after I responded to you and we decided to take it to the dodge dealer. This site is in my mind a rip off, because it takes too long and no one seems to care how long it takes. I even paid for the 30 min or less and it took over 4 hours on the first response.

Not a problem. It was a holiday weekend so not many experts were online, and I cannot spend my whole Sunday watching the computer. Just thought I would try and help out :) Good luck with the dealership. I will submit a refund request and you will be contacted by admin. God bless!