Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

H Pearl Neal Miller here have a old 2008 avenger 2.7 the…

Customer Question
H Pearl Neal Miller...

H Pearl Neal Miller here have a old 2008 avenger 2.7 the small one lol . turning ignition and just clicks has new starter friend says relay where is this located not in engine compartment fuse box . Help please

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Steering ok. key seems good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much friend gave to me .starter was bad and battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All lights come on when key in in postion when you go to start it laughs at ya

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/25/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Im going over your question right now

There is two different TIPM fuse boxes, one will have the relay in the # 9 spot, if its not the case, then the relay is apart of the TIPM

ok and question is where exactly is this located Michael

It is part of the fuse box, its internal of the fuse box. It is not replaceable unless you solder and replace it and order the internal circuitry of the fuse box.

Ok I Know you all need the money question one where is starter relay located in box is not quite the answer sir.

ok let me open this back up since we are misunderstanding each other :). Another expert will assist you better, enjoy the rest of your day.

Dodge Mechanic: EricFromCT, Dodge Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Dodge Technician

Hi. Do you still have a question about the location of the starter relay?

ok new day what im looking for is in simple English for some one to explain where the physical location of this piece may be not a diagram I all ready under stand what it does
I will solider if necessary, Pull and rep[lace ,or cut out and replace just need to find it please.

Ok. The relay is built somewhere into the circuit board of the integrated power module, which is the fuse box under the hood. There is no way for any one to tell you where on the circuit board the relay may be located. There is no information on this from the manufacturer. As far as Dodge is concerned it is non serviceable and you can not purchase the relay. If you know electronics well, you will be best off taking apart the fuse box and locating the circuit board and the relay.