Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My def service came on and the tank is full what’s going on…

Customer Question
My def service came...

My def service came on and the tank is full what’s going on with it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2015 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried nothing it just came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it just a filter or do I need to take it to a dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

About 55,000 miles but I haven’t had any problems with my fuel mileage

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that will turn the service DEF warning on. The warning comes on when the engine controller sees a failure that will prevent proper operation of the system. The problem may be with the injector, the pump itself, wiring, a NOx sensor issue or the selective reduction catalyst. There is a recall on the SCR cat, if you haven't had the recall performed yet then there is a good chance that is all that will need to b done.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.