Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2011 dodge avenger heat on one side not the other

what is possible problem JA: Have...
I have a 2011 dodge avenger heat on one side not the other what is possible problem
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: yes and no both heater hoses are hot
JA: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to I have checked blend door motor is working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/24/2017
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Does the vehicle have single or dual climate control?

Chris

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
single

Ok, and if you turn the temp control to cold and back to hot, does the temperature change on the side that is getting heat?

Chris

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
when I put on cold it is cold then back to hot it gets warm

Ok, that tells me the temperature blend door actuator is indeed working. The problem is half of the heater core is plugged up. You can try a cooling system cleaner/flush first. If that does not help, then the HVAC housing will need to come out and the heater core replaced. I am a shop foreman at a Dodge dealer and have seen this before.

Chris

Hopefully a flush will help.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
ok thank you

You are very welcome!

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

I hope that my information was helpful, and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Thank you!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman