Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 ram gauges not working. Fixing myself, I have scanned…

Customer Question
2011 ram gauges not...

2011 ram gauges not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fixing myself, I have scanned it and had lots of lost comi ovation with cluster codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Door module lost communication with cluster, after about 15 minutes of truck running everything starts to work as it should

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/24/2017
Dodge Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

first, lets try something simple,,

Remove both battery cables from the battery, turn on the ignition, touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds, turn off the ignition, then re-install them back to the battery

let me know if this fixed the problem

No, it only occurs when it's cold after the truck runs for 15 minutes cluster comes on
I have scanned it and cleared codes, cluster was working at the time so none were active. Loss of communication with cluster rf door module lf door module

can you slap the top of the dash to jar the cluster to make it come back on?

Will try in the morning and let you know, I don't think it's a connection issue. Once it comes on it will stay on and work fine until it sits overnight, just started getting cold here below freezing, and that's when it started acting up
Does no good to slap dash, she wipers come on by themselves as well. Just started truck and it's not working, now I'll let it run about 15 minutes and it'll all come on
Here is what I've noticed as soon as I open the door no dome lights, that tells me right away cluster will not work when I start it. Start it up have no turn signals or cluster trailer brake light flashing c.f. headlights are also on everything else works heater radio...now I'll let it sit and run for 15 min or so with the heat on hi it will come on.

please stand by. perhaps one of the other guys has a better idea of what is going on here.

someone will be right with you.

thanks

Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 7 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Dodge dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help...

Do you have a list of the exact codes it was setting? What is your VIN number?

Vin 1D7RV1CT4BS704879 codes are u1449 u0155 u0155-00 u0431 u0431-00
The 0155 is there multiple times...loss of communication with cluster
Talked to another guy that had same issue, he said it was the pugs on bottom of fuse box under hood. So I pulled fuse box pulled all plugs off bottom sprayed em down with electrical cleaner let it dry and put it back together with dilectric grease. I'll see if it works in the morning
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 6 months ago

How did it turn out?

Good so far, hasn't been getting really cold like it was....we shall see but so far so good

Sounds good.. Let me know if you need anymore assistance.

That fixes it!! Been very cold and hasn't failed yet