Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Opened the hatch and it set off the alarm won't start lights…

Customer Question
Opened the hatch and...

Opened the hatch and it set off the alarm won't start lights flashing

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Drivers door doesn't lock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Tried passenger and hatch doesn't help

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Dodge?

2001 dodge durango

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Undoing the battery cables locking and unlocking all the doors that do lock

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/23/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good morning, I hope you are having a great day. My is Gabriel and I would be happy to help you with this.It sounds like the vehicle set a false theft attempt, I am going to attach a link to an article to perform the reset. Try this and see what happens, if it still doesn't clear then it will need to be hooked up to a Dodge scantool and have the system reset/programmed.Let me know the results of the reset :)http://mymastermechanic1.com/how-to-reset-a-car-alarm