Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have no heat and both hoses going into the fire wall are…

I have no heat...

I have no heat and both hoses going into the fire wall are equally the same temp.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Im told if both in and out hose from fire wall are the same temp (hot) its not a therm. issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2014 ram 2500 6.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

No the dealer i purchased from monday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That i don trust this used car dealer lol

11/22/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

sure

ok, can you hear the blend door move when you change from cold to heat and back???

if you do, then it sounds like a clogged heater core. you can flush it out with a garden hose and use shop air to blow back and forth.

if you cannot hear it then it may be the blend door motor under the dash.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Phone call session started

Blend Door Actuator - Removal

• Vehicle
  • Heating and Air Conditioning
  • Air Door Actuator / Motor
  • Service and Repair
  • Removal and Replacement
  • Air Door Actuator / Motor

BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR - REMOVAL

REMOVAL

WARNING:
Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable and wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to follow these instructions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.

NOTE:
The single zone heating-A/C system is equipped with a single blend door actuator. The dual zone system has two blend door actuators, one for the driver side blend-air door and one for the passenger side blend-air door.

SINGLE ZONE/DUAL ZONE DRIVER SIDE

Zoom/Print

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

2. Remove the glove box See: Glove Compartment > Removal and Replacement > Instrument Panel Glove Box - Removal.

3. Disconnect the HVAC wire harness connector (1) from the blend door actuator (2) located at the rear of the HVAC housing (3).

4. Remove the two screws (4) that secure the blend door actuator to the HVAC housing and remove the actuator.