Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I've got a 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with 225K on it. Speedo &

Customer Question
I've got a 2002 Dodge...
I've got a 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with 225K on it. Speedo & odo both work fine, but the ABS and parking brake dash light stays on. Sensors have been replaced . ABS controller was replaced and then the original put back in because it made no difference. Fault codes seem to put the blame on the right front sensor, but it's new.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: fuses and dash bulbs are OK, bulbs light up.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing myself. Front right and rear sensors did have corrosion, and were replaced. No change. Brake controller replaced, but no change, so put original back in. Work sheet says random ABS codes popping up. 69, 74, 23, 22, 42, 44, 72, & 72. Same codes not necessarily there at same check time. Prior to this, dash light would be out right after starting, but a mile or so later, would come back on. I was reading another article that briefly mentioned that a bad 'tone ring' on the hub can caused ABS problems. I've about run out of other ideas. To get a new one, I understand I have to buy the whole hub..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of, I and the shop have run out of other options. I didn't want to spend the $$$ for a hub unless I'm sure that was the problem, but what else could it be? Randy Crockett
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Dodge
11/21/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 23 days ago
Cesar Jimenez
Hi I’m Cesar Jimenez and I’m am here to assist you today... I’m reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
It's 12/5 and no reply from you.
Took it to another shop. They called today and said my left front sensor was rubbing on the tone ring.. Needs new hub on left front. Since only the right was replaced a few years ago, I OK'd a new one on the left. We'll soon see what the result will be.
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Please cancel my $28 month trial.
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 9 days ago

sorry about that my wifi went out and just had it fixed. for any inquires you will have to contact customer support. thank you happy holidays.

Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez