Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced rear brakes and cylinders and bled brakes. Still…

Replaced rear brakes and...

Replaced rear brakes and cylinders and bled brakes. Still have to pump brakes once to get good braking

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Yes all is full and I kept adding as I bred them Could there still be air in there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

06 dodge dakota

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.. I had a bad rear wheel cylinder so I replace it and the pads Then I bled the to get air out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But still have pump once to get solid brakes

11/21/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So you could still have air in the system, I would recommend a full bleed with the one man bottle and tube method, also the the rear drums could be out of adjustment, I would double check that as well

Should I not rely on the self adjuster? Should I just manually adjust them myself

oh yes manually adjust them the self adjusters never seems to work well,

Ok thanks. I had a feeling as I had to back off the adjuster to get the drum back on. It still fit pretty snug. Should have just done it. I want about one rotation of the tire as I spin it hard correct

you just want a slight resistance a few full rotations should be a good adjustment, also make sure drum is fully seated on the axle for proper determination of the adjustment

Thank you

sure thing!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
i have another brake question

sure thing