Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Truck drives then drops out of gear nothing in any gear

Customer Question
Truck drives then drops...

Truck drives then drops out of gear nothing in any gear shifter link ok put in new solenoid and p/s shut off engine whit 2 min then shifts fine for a short time then wont shift to anything shut off wait then gear shift fine for short time

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

1996 b2500 5.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not mini full size change solenoid pressure sensor filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its a 46re fluid clean

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/21/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done already is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set will help to locate and repair this issue.if you have had this done and you do see any codes set let me know what those codes are here so we can continue.You may have a valve body fault in the transmission needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete