Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I did an engine swap on my 05 magnum the vehicle engine came

from had abs my vehicle...
I did an engine swap on my 05 magnum the vehicle engine came from had abs my vehicle doesn’t would putting an ecu from a none abs car get check engine light out check engine light is on due speedometer and odometer not working
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not working on it myself.. I haven’t tried much because I don’t know how to go about fixing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: All instances I’ve researched say this is do wheel speed sensor but 2.7 magnums don’t have them and also I swapped from 2.7 to 3.5
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic

ecu has to be programmed to the car so you will still have the abs light

the ecu is not plug and play

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
is there no way to get light out

have you pulled the codes?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
they were codes for speedometer and odometer not working

the proper way is to pull the codes and repair the fault.... when the abs light is on the system

is not functional

well that would be a vehicle speed sensor issue..on the transmission,,

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
even though my car doesn’t have abs there is still a speed sensor on transmission

yes abs is wheel speed sensor.... vss is vehicle speed sensor it sends the signal from the trans to the speedo

a non abs car has a vss

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
would there be a plug that goes into the engine of just needs a replacement on trans

a sensor on the trans or the wires going to it

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Would that sensor being faulty cause drivability issues because car drives and shifts perfectly

no lack of odo signal

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
After looking it up it says there is an input and output sensor on trans will changing both of those make odo and Speedo work

as long as the wiring has not failed yes!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you hopefully that remedies the situation because everything is working perfectly just can’t get that light out to pass emissions
xsvector
xsvector
xsvector, Auto Mechanic