Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The owners manual for my 2004 Dodge Stratus says that the…

The owners manual for...

The owners manual for my 2004 Dodge Stratus says that the battery is accessible without removing the tire and wheel. How do I do it?

11/20/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

that is correct. I will get the procedure and a picture for you.

Roy

procedure

REMOVAL
The battery is accessible without removing the left front wheel and tire assembly..
1. Verify that the ignition switch and all accessories are OFF.
2. Turn the steering wheel to the full left position.
3. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.

WARNING: NEVER GET UNDER A LIFTED VEHICLE IF NOT SUPPORTED PROPERLY ON SAFETY STANDS.

4. Remove battery splash shield.
5. Disconnect the heater blanket cord, if equipped.

Battery Location

Zoom/Print

6. Remove the short bolt from the battery hold down and remove the hold down.
7. Disconnect the negative and positive battery cables from the battery.
8. Slide the battery toward rear of vehicle and lift out of the battery tray.
9. Remove battery from vehicle.

INSTALLATION
1. Position the battery in the battery tray.
2. Connect the positive and negative battery cables. Torque to 16 Nm (150 in. lbs.).
3. Connect the heater blanket cord, if equipped.
4. Install the battery hold down and install the hold down bolt. Torque to 16 Nm (150 in. lbs.).
5. Install battery splash shield.
6. Connect the negative battery cable.

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
I'm physically unable to do this. Thanks anyway.

ok

thank you