Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced front breaks and calipers. Repeatedly bled them…

Replaced front breaks and...

Replaced front breaks and calipers. Repeatedly bled them brakes are hard. Turn on truck no brakes. Noticed goop on back drivers side. Took off rotor how do remove hub so I can get to my emergency break. Which is covered in slime

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

158000 probably original rears yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

03 2500 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yup just me. Just told you trying to find a leak in the rear hub

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so..

11/20/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, is yours a dually?

By the sound of it, you may have two different issues. Rear diff fluid leaking from the hub will not cause your symptoms of good brakes with engine off and loss of pedal when the engine is turned on.

So I need you to look at the front calipers and tell me the position of the caliper bleeder screws - are they below or abovee the brake hose to caliper connection(towards bottom or top of caliper)

Both below

HI,

Ok, that is why you have no brakes with the engine on. While the calipers will fit on either side, they are side specific.

When the bleeders are below the connection towards the bottom, there is always an air bubble at top caliper that will never bleed out. Swap sides with the calipers and bleed them and you are good to go.

See attached diagram showing correct bleeder screw placement

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.