Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 sport and I have a Service

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 sport and I have a Service Parking Assist System message that is displayed on my message center. It's caused my ABS light and my Traction/ Stability Control light are on. I don't know what to check and I don't know what to change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

No. Just the ABS light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet, but I was about to. The service parking service message just threw me off because I don't know what caused it to come on or what that has to do with the other lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. That's all.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/20/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did the park assist light come on at a different time before or after the abs light came on or did all of these lights come on at the same time?

Let me know,thanks Pete

They all came on at the same time. Before, they all would flicker on and off, but now they stay on. They come on with the service parking assist system message as soon as I start my truck.

O.k.,usually the park assist is not tied into the operation of the abs or traction control.That is odd to see all of these lights at the same time here.

What I would do from here to start is have the fault codes read out/checked in the abs computer to see what codes are set and if any codes are set.This has to be done with a compatible scan tool that can read the abs computer.If any codes are set those codes then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.If you can get the code info and post it here this will help.In some cases a local parts store can read these codes free of charge just ask them to read out the abs codes.

Now if there is no codes set at all but the lights are on then this can actually be a fault in the instrument gauge cluster itself turning on these lights/messages when no fault is present.The circuit board may be failing in it causing all of these lights to come on.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician