Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Traction control and cruise control. 6.7 l. Ram 3500. 2014.

Traction control and cruise...

Traction control and cruise control

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

6.7 l

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Ram 3500

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ram?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had it into the dealer to fix some recalls. get it back and this is now an issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also says to service electronic braking system.

11/19/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The cruise control can be deactivated anytime the traction control or brake message you see coming on occurs.Since this issue occurred after you had recalls done there is a chance the dealer did not perform the recalls properly or left something loose or disconnected or damaged a component when they did do the recalls.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and that can read the anti lock brake computer to see what cods are set in the anti lock brake computer.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault.They may have bumped a wheel speed sensor loose or damaged a sensor causing this but there are several sensors and components that will cause this issue so the codes do need read out.In some cases a local parts store will read out these codes at no charge to you.

If it is found to be the dealers cause for this issue then I would let the dealer know and they should pay for the repairs to correct this issue.But the codes do have to be read out to help locate which component is at fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician