Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I am trying to replace the serpentine belt on my 2007 Dodge…

Hi, I am trying to replace...
I am trying to replace the serpentine belt on my 2007 Dodge 2500 with a 5.9. I am having a hard time getting it back on. I had cut the old one off. I am having a hard time trying to get the new one around the fan pulley. There is some kind of sensor that goes to center of the fan hub from the front of the fan. do I need to take this off and if so, how do you do that? I got so frustrated I just quit working on it for the night. I did get it around the tensioner pulley so what should I do from there. I'm feeling fairly stupid right now so you may need to bust out some crayons and draw me some simple pictures.
11/19/2017
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thank you for visiting the site. not sure why you are having trouble, but heres the routing

here

what is the deal with this sensor that is in front of the fan hub?
how do you get around that? no one mentions this thing

please take a pic of the sensor you are talking about. you dont need to go around the fan anyway if you start the routing differently.

did I do the right thing starting with putting the belt over the tensioner first? If so, which pulley should I do next? then which next? etc. could you tell me that?

follow the number sequence on the diagram

If I do that I have to try to put it around the fan and I am back to the same problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CGYahhx9ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHw_cubXpQs

will give that a try. thanks for your help

you'll get it. its a pain. but watch the videos and you'll be fine

let me know if you still have trouble

I started over again and ended up getting it. Thanks for your help and encouragement. Can you hit whatever button you need to so I can submit a rating and get you paid? Thanks again!

Im very glad you got that pain in the butt belt done. thank you.

david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you very much. happy holidays