Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I know it is tipm. the truck has issues with the brake

Customer Question
I know it is...

I know it is tipm. the truck has issues with the brake lights, headlights, wipers, abs, etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2006 possibly late model 2006/early 2007. 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am hoping to fix myself. we have changed the battery. all symptoms point to the tipm. we originally thought the computer needed to be reprogrammed. i have found several forums stating the same issue with dodges 2007-2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have found 5-6 ways top troubleshoot this issue but keep coming to the conclusion a dodge dealership to have a warranty and costly repair to the ultimate fix. i am hoping someone can give me a cost effective several point at a one time do it myself fix before giving into a dealership

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To replace the TIPM you would first disconnect the battery. Open the cover and remove the nut for the positive cable, slide the cable off the stud.

There are clips that lock into the bracket that holds the TIPM. Disengage these clips as you pull up to remove the TIPM from the bracket.

Rotate it up and disconnect each electrical connector on the bottom, then remove it.

Reverse these steps to reinstall the new one. Reconnect the battery, insert the airbag fuses fully, and then turn the key on for at least thirty seconds. The new module will learn configuration during this time. Turn the key back off for a few seconds and then start the engine.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.