Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2015 ram 2500 diesel code 229f came up again went awawy on…

Customer Question
2015 ram 2500 diesel code...
2015 ram 2500 diesel code 229f came up again went awawy on its own now back on. is this something i can fix and will it derate at sometime
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

This code is for the downstream NOx sensor. This could be a wiring issue but is almost certainly the sensor itself. The sensor threads into the exhaust like an oxygen sensor and the module attached to it is mounted to the frame with two 10mm nuts.

You could replace the sensor yourself but I would recommend seeing your dealer. This should be covered under federal emissions warranty and isn't something you'll want to pay for if you don't have to.