Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It in limp mode. 05 dodge magnum hemi awd. Don't know what…

Customer Question
It in limp mode ...

It in limp mode

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

05 dodge magnum hemi awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?

Don't know what to do or shop

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Have you had the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the system goes into Limp mode? Most auto Parts Stores will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get me the fault codes I will see if I can help you get to the bottom of this.

0700 in incorrect gear 3

The code P0700 indicates the transmission control circuit is seeing a fault and there should be another code and or codes. To retrieve transmission fault codes you will need access to a full scan tool. The code P0700 indicates there are other codes.

it won't drive anymore in limp mode it was 2 scanner put on it the first one said incorrect gear 1 in the second one said incorrect gear 3

Okay I under stand that but the Code P0700 only means a Automatic Transmission System Malfunction Detected. There should be other transmission codes to go with it. Are you using a code reader or a full scan tool?

I believe a code reader which one do i need

A code reader will not retrieve transmission fault codes unfortunately . You need a full Dodge compatible scanner to get these codes.

do u think my tranmission is still good I park it soon it went into limp mode

It may be okay and your likely dealing with a electronic control issue and if you can get me the transmission codes I can verify that as well as the repair needed.

who can get me the accurate code

All auto shops as well as transmission shops have access to a scanner that can retrieve these codes. If you have an AAMCO in your area they can scan it for you as well.

it at a shop now not a transmission shop in he said it only saiding it in protection mode

Well then there not using the right scan tool on it or there just not giving you the transmission fault codes. The code P0700 simply means the transmission control module has detected a fault and has set codes.