Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 04 Dodge grand caravan. The cable for the window (

I have a 04...

I have a 04 Dodge grand caravan. The cable for the window ( on the passenger door) came off the drum. I was looking for a diagram on how it's suppose to go back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Grand Caravan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The motor was going bad and I replaced it when that happened. Not sure if he needs to know that. But besides that. Nope

11/18/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Normally when this happens it is best to replace the regulator since this should not happen and it is an indication the cable tension is no longer good. I have some images, see if they help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt51kisghc3fem6/car1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5h87ikgvpoir07/car2.png?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

How do you loose tension on the cable cords? The drum popped off as I took off the last screw to get to my motor. (Some days I have no luck)

There is not a way to loosen them like a nut to loosen per say. They are held tight to center part with springs pushing the cable housing.

I'm sorry I was talking about when I removed the cover to get to the window motor. That was when the drum popped out and the cables came loose.

You have a mess, I have no diagrams inside the drum. You may want to remove your drivers side and compare.

I'm sorry I was talking about when I removed the cover to get to the window motor. That was when the drum popped out and the cables came loose.I can't seem to open the first attachment. Are the cables crossed after they are wrapped around the drum? And is there any rail that they slide in or are the free in between the metal railings?

If you can open the 2nd attachment it is better than the 1st.

There are no diagram inside the unit to show you. I would need to take one apart to show you how they are wrapped.

There are some you tube videos but I can not find an exact match to yours.

See this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhbe43I-sw8

Actually, I think that's what I needed. I wont know for sure till tomorrow. But I know more now then I did before. Thank you vey much.

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Fixed and works. Thanks

That is great news