Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can I put a radiator with a cap on it in on 02 dodge ram…

Can I put a radiator...
Can I put a radiator with a cap on it in on 02 dodge ram 1500? To replace the original one that does not have a cap on it?
11/18/2017
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Yes you can, but you have to keep the reservoir as well.

Ok thanks will u please show me how to connect the resivore hoses? Please?

The res has a single line to it. The top heater hose has a T in it and runs from the heater core to the side of the timing cover and the t is about 6 inches before the connection for the timing cover. The hose from the t goes to the res.

Ok iam going to try this and see how it runs. Will I need any extra or additional hoses?

No. The only hoses that go to the radiator are the upper and lower hoses.

Ok and the hose coming out of the dash? Does it connect to the overflow resivore?

There are two hoses that come out of the heater core, both of them go to the fittings on the side of the timing cover. The one hose that has the T in it also runs to the res.

Ok thanks. U have been most helpful. I am going to finish this up thank u again
Is there any videos I can watch of this procedure?

Here is a pretty good video for you to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAhqPdpofQ4

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech