Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We have a 2011 dodge citadel that shuts down on turns to the…

Customer Question
We have a 2011...

We have a 2011 dodge citadel that shuts down on turns to the right. we have had it in for service and they can't find anything wrong. The last time this happened was this past wednesday. Tank is full, temperature is in the 30's, and without any warning the steering wheel locks up and the car shuts down. My daughter won't ;let the kids ride with us and dodge doesn 't seem to care. This is the 1st dodge that we have had and we are not very happy.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

It goes 5miles to work when I go and we use it when we are going out. My son in law just sent me a thing on e-mail that there has been 93 problems with the engine shutting off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

What is the 9-3? and we have had it to the dodge dealer twice. there was a recall for the P54 which had the same problem but they said that that was now OK. He recommended to start changing out parts, fuel pumps etc. This shouldn't be an issue for the customer to try and figure out. It is dangerous and we livi in the chicago area when there is a lot of traffic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else to say. We filled out the survey when we had the truck in a few weeks ago and stated that this is a dangerous issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/18/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be causing the engine to die and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. I don't really expect this to be caused by a fuel delivery issue unless it runs poorly and runs out of power as it dies, it sounds more like the engine is dying abruptly. If it's dying abruptly then it's more likely to be a spark issue.

Do you know if any fault codes are setting in the powertrain control module?