Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was rearended at 35 miles per hour while i was stopped in…

Customer Question
I was rearended at...

I was rearended at 35 miles per hour while i was stopped in traffic. That pushed me into the car infront of me doing signifigant damage to my front end as well. The mechanic says that my stearing gear box is damaged. The insurance company is denying the possibility of the damage resulting from the accident. Any oppinion?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

What?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Is this a real person

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/17/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Can you tell me if the insurance company has sent out a 3rd party inspector yet to verify the claim and take pictures of the truck and the damage? Thank you.

Alright, Did the repair facility say that the damage came from the accident? This may be an issue that the service manager has to side with you on and point out to the inspector what happened during the accident to cause damage to the steering box. I would suggest you placing a call to the insurance company if you haven't done that yet, and getting them to tell you why they think the damage to the steering box is not covered?