Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Got a alarm going off. Its not affectung the truck at all.

Got a alarm going...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

O2 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Dodge?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Parking brake. Taping brake in drive and natural. Driving it forwards and backwards

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really, I drove it home from work, put in park and heard it when I turned the key off. It has a loud exhaust so it may have started on the way home

Answered in 1 day by:
11/18/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you're hearing an alarm going off but the truck runs normally then it is pretty certainly an aftermarket alarm. If so then it could just be a matter of disarming it, or the alarm module may be failing and needs to be replaced.

Can you describe exactly what you're hearing?

It sounds like a combination of cop car, ambulance, and fire truck. Not all at once but rotating. I got it to stop. I discounted the negative on the battery.

That's definitely an aftermarket alarm then, the factory alarm honks the horn and flashes the lights but couldn't be active with the engine running. You have an aftermarket alarm module on the truck somewhere. If you don't have the fob and don't need the alarm then it would be best to remove it and it's wiring.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08