Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2002 dodge derango replace shoes and wheel cyl can not get…

Customer Question
2002 dodge derango...

2002 dodge derango replace shoes and wheel cyl can not get drum back on to tight

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

132000 miles goodcon it is awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes took all apart 3x old shoes match new ones its like shoes are to far out but eveyplacerthing is in

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, have you checked that you do not have two of the trailing shoes on one side as seen here. There should be a leading and trailing on both sides. Also make sure the adjuster is all the way in and finally make sure the shoes are centered. Usually you can slap each side with your palm to center them. Complete installation info below.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician