Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Where on my dodge dakota aueomatic tranny will it marked…

Customer Question
Second opinion] where on...

Second opinion] where on my dodge dakota aueomatic tranny will it marked what kind of tranny it is

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your car?

95

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Here is whats going on. i was about a qrt. low fluid going down hiway about 70moh. it like made a loud kinda compression noise and seemed for a second that it was going to lose all power but didnt .drove 2 more miles and it started making a low on power steering fluid noise whine.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Its not the powersteering making the noise, it sou ds like its coming

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

From where the torque converter is

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I will need to know which engine you have to tell you how to determine the model trans you have? If its the 3.9 or 5.2 then you have a 42RH, see this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hfr0o4xtro08lu/transID.pdf?dl=0

The whine noise you asked about, most likely not the converter, not the kind of sound it makes when bad. A whine will come from the pump or from a valve body leak where fluid under pressure is escaping.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician