Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Not factory alarm don't how to disarm, never used it before,

Customer Question
Not factory alarm don't...

Not factory alarm don't how to disarm, never used it before, just suddenly went off, have battery cable disconnected right now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2004 ram 1500 standard

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Spare key

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** you have a small red or black button on dash or under dash?
just a blinking red light

Either the red light will push in like a button or you will have another small black button under dash near steering column. See what you can find? Let me know.

pushed light button didn't work

Does the light push in like a button? If it does then you need to hold it in and then turn on ignition switch to on position (not start) and hold button for 5 seconds and then let go of button. The light should come on and stay on solid.

Did the alarm go into valet mode for you?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Dodge Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago

I have not got a response from the last answers I sent you. Do you still need assistance?