Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

08 ram with the 5.7 hemi, oil pressure has been dropping and…

Customer Question
08 ram with the...

08 ram with the 5.7 hemi, oil pressure has been dropping and now it’s no oil pressure and the lifters are rattling if it’s the oil pump and not the pick up tube stopped up how do I change the pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It just went to no oil pressure last night and I developed a rattling after driving it a mile or two

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I just changed the oil a few times hoping I would see some sludge come out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just need the how to on changing the oil pump and might as well change the timing chain

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
11/15/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

If there are no sludge issues then the pump is likely the issue here as long as the engine has not been abused and the cam and crank and rod bearings are not damaged. Below are links to pan, timing cover, and pump removal and install.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gu5886pxipez6dc/pump1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1fh1g5jgfu908l/pump2.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h417g6s7j0k27e/pump3.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris